Today's post is a how-to for the basic chicken recipe. Then every day this week I'll post a new mix-up for the basic recipe. When I was single, I'd make Chicken and Rice Basics once a week, then make up a Basic Ground Beef Recipe while the Chicken Basics cooked in the oven. I'll post the Ground Beef Starter Recipe once I've finished with the Chicken Basics variations. By mixing and matching, you can eat a week of dinners alternating the chicken and beef Basics...without ever realizing you're eating leftovers!
Chicken and Rice Basics Recipe
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless (four pieces if using IQF* chicken breasts)
- 1 cup brown rice (it's better for you and tastes good cooked in broth! no cardboard here, I promise! )
- 2 cans chicken broth, or 2 cups water and bouillon (I use Better Than Bouillon concentrate)
- salt, pepper, granulated or fresh garlic
1. In a 9x13 baking dish, spread rice evenly into bottom of pan.
4. Add salt and pepper before covering pan with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour at 350 or until rice absorbs all liquid.